After the final clap of the 72nd Cannes Film Festival, it was time for the Mouton Cadet Wine Bar to close its doors. Let us reflect on the best moments of its 2019 edition. A review full of celebrities and beautiful sunsets !
Music : Cannes by Barbara Carlotti
The Mouton Cadet Wine Bar, “The Place To Meet” for The Cinema Industry
Throughout its history, the family company Baron Philippe de Rothschild has always shared an intimate link with the cinema world. Each year, the Mouton Cadet Wine Bar carries on and embodies this valued relationship as it is the chosen place for celebrities and the cinema industry to host their press junkets, such as:
– Mexican contemporary film director Alfonso Cuarón, for the awaited restoration of Stanley Kubrick’s great classic Shining, to celebrate the film’s 39th birthday, in the presence of Stanley Kubrick’s daughter, Katharina Kubrick, along with producer Jan Harlan & British actor Leon Vitali.
– French director Christophe Honoré, for his film Chambre 212, in the presence of his entire cast Camille Cottin, Vincent Lacoste and Chiara Mastroianni, who won an award for her performance in the film (Un Certain Regard Award).
– French director Nicolas Bedos, for his film La Belle Epoque, along with his 5-star cast Fanny Ardant, Guillaume Canet, Daniel Auteuil, Doria Tillier and Michaël Cohen.
The Art of hospitality
For the entire duration of the Festival, the Mouton Cadet Wine Bar placed the art of hospitality at the heart of its organisation during elegant events, such as:
– Eva Longoria’s gala charity ball, The Global Gift Initiative, in favour of The Global Gift Foundation, the Eva Longoria Foundation and The Bertin Osbourne Foundation. Once again, Eva Longoria’s presence was very sought after.
– Madame Figaro China for its “Shine in Cannes” cocktail evening to celebrate the women’s magazine’s presence at the 72nd edition of the Cannes Film Festival. Among the prestigious guests were the American Super model Coco Rocha with the influential Chinese celebrities Li Chun, Tan Jing, Huang Lu, Qi Dao, Liao Fan and so many more.
– The prestigious award Pierre Angénieux ExcelLens in Cinematography rewarded French photographer Bruno Delbonnel, in the presence of the prestigious cast of international talents such as Amira Casar Amira Casar, Aurélie Dupont, Modhura Palit, Huang Lu, Zhang Ziyi, Stacy Martin, Guillaume Laurant, Catherine Brunet, Xavier Dolan, Antoine Pilon, Christoph Waltz, Raphaël Personnaz, Jean-Pierre Jeunet and Rajiv Menon.
– The cocktail of the “Oeil d’Or” documentary film Award.
The Sunset Apéritifs
Initiated two years ago by Baron Philippe de Rothschild SA, the Sunset Aperitifs are magical moments stuck in time during which selected guests enjoys the sunset overlooking the Cannes bay, from the Mouton Cadet Wine Bar. Cinema guests and wine lovers have the pleasure of enjoying the special musical line-up of artists carefully chosen while relaxing from the turmoil of the Festival, just before the red carpet.
Monsieur Philippe Sereys de Rothschild invited French artists HollySiz, Owlle, Andy Je t’aime, Barbara Carlotti and Luna Truffaut-Picoli to join for intimate sets at the Mouton Cadet Wine Bar.
The chosen venue for privacy
Due to its exclusive location, the terrace indulged its guests with a quiet moment of privacy. Celebrities could relax and discuss freely, as did:
– Silvester Stallone after the reveal of the first images of the future Rambo : Last Blood, to be out later this year.
– The Palme d’Or Jury who gathered after the announcement of their Award Winners. After 12 days of intense exposure, between official ceremonies and red carpet events, the Mouton Cadet Wine Bar was the perfect venue to share a moment of intimacy.
The 2019 Mouton Cadet Wine Bar – The wines
But the Mouton Cadet Wine Bar had also its own celebrities: its wines!
Just like a movie star on the red carpet, the Mouton Cadet collector bottles were dressed up to the nines to try to steal the limelight of the Festival… with success! The 2019 Mouton Cadet Cuvée Spéciale in red wine and the limited editions in rosé and white wines were served during all official events of the Cannes Film Festival, and will remain available in selected countries for a short time only after the Festival.
Mouton Cadet Wine Bar invites wine and cinema lovers in 2020 for new cultural and emotional encounters.